If you’re using pop ups for your brand campaigns, you know for sure that your main nemesis is an adblocking software.
Some website visitors, 30% of users to be precise, utilize the said software to avoid your pop ups from getting across their screens. Thus, preventing you from converting them into sales, subscribers, or leads. Not to mention that it costs you money whether you admit it or not.
Adblock is an extension/plugin that filters and blocks page elements, advertisements, and other content on the internet. It is a tool commonly seen in Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge web browsers.
In general, it’s used to spare visitors from seeing such elements while they browse online.
However, some ads, including pop ups, are being used by website owners and entrepreneurs to boost engagement and conversions. Most of them carry promotional content and information that often gives more value to the brand and to the customers.
They’re essential in helping you generate more income for your website, especially if advertisements are your only source of revenue. If your sponsors see that their ads aren’t performing well, they might back out, which affects your business.
If you don’t address the issue, sooner or later, you’ll already feel the negative impact through your declining revenue and website performance.
The good news is that you can bypass these adblocking tools!
Poptin has recently launched its newest Adblock detection targeting rule which helps you reach those Adblock users and engage with them. This is to ensure that clients get the best results while using our lead generation toolkit.
The Adblock detection feature allows you to display your pop ups to Adblock users only. This is pretty helpful in creating targeted campaigns for them. It was tested with the major adblockers like Adblock, Adblock Plus, uBlock, and more.
It is important to note that Poptin is generally not affected by Adblock. Unless you’re creating a targeted message for Adblock users, your pop ups will still be automatically shown to all website visitors.
Benefits of Using the New Adblock Detection Feature
- Protects your potential sales. Adblockers impact conversions and sales. This new feature gives you the power to rescue your income, retain your sponsors, and boost your revenue.
- Your message will get through. You don’t have to be afraid if you won’t reach your desired audience. The AdBlock detection targeting feature will help your message get through to Adblock users so you won’t eliminate them from your list of potential customers and leads.
- You can take care of your site sponsors. Advertisements play a major role in maintaining and improving the quality of your website. Especially if you’re a publisher, your main source of income comes from ads. Reaching out to Adblock users using the AdBlock detection targeting is the best way to turn them into real contributing site visitors.
How to Use Adblock Detection Targeting Rule
- Login to your Poptin account. If you don’t have one, sign up now with Poptin for FREE.
- On the Poptin dashboard, choose the pop up you want to edit. Click the Pencil icon on the right part. Click the “Edit Display Rules”.
Note: If this is your first time creating a pop up with Poptin, you can always create one from scratch or use any of the ready-made customizable templates.
3. Scroll down to Targeting Rules. Find the Adblock Detection and turn it on. You’ll see it in the summary.
4. Click Publish.
And that’s it! You will now be able to show your popup to Adblock users.
Common Use Cases of Adblock Detection Targeting
Encourage Adblock users to disable AdBlock
You can create a pop up that encourages users to turn off their Adblocks so they can receive updates and notifications from you.
According to studies, 77% of visitors won’t mind disabling their Adblocks if you humbly ask them, more so if there’s an exclusive giveaway in exchange. This also helps you recover lost income from advertisements and even boost conversions.
Boost your email list and CRM leads more
Because of adblockers, your visitors won’t see your pop ups clearly. But with Poptin, you can convert more visitors into email subscribers, leads, or customers as you get to prevent the impact of ad blocking software.
Replace the pop up button so they can disable Adblock software
Whenever you display an enticing offering to visitors, you can replace the button to “Turn off Adblock for this site and get the offer” so they’ll be able to accept the offering.
Thanks to Poptin’s new Adblock detection targeting feature!
You can continuously convert more visitors without being interrupted by Adblocks. Your business funnels won’t get affected. You will drive more leads and subscribers. And your revenue will continue to grow.
If you want to know more about other Poptin’s display rules to grow your business, click the links below:
How To Display A Pop-up When User Is Inactive (User Inactivity Trigger)
Exit-intent Technology: How It Works And How Exit Popup Can Grow Your Business
How To Effectively Target Desktop And Mobile Users For Your Campaign
Ready to get started?
She is the Marketing Manager of Poptin. Her expertise as a content writer and marketer revolves around devising effective conversion strategies to grow businesses.
When not working, she indulges herself with nature; creating once-in-a-lifetime adventures and connecting with people of all sorts.
Tags: adblock detection, adblock detection targeting, cro, new targeting option, poptin